Headaches 2018-05-29T13:23:24+00:00

Treatment for Headaches in Mandeville, LA

From Dr. Scott Oliphant

Are you suffering from headaches or migraines? Dr. Scott Oliphant offers 5 star rated treatment for headaches in Mandeville, Louisiana.

Click here to request an appointment, or call 985-626-1671 for same day appointments.

You Don’t Have to Live With Headaches

When you have a serious headache, you often want it remedied immediately. For most, that means popping an over the counter pain reliever. However, that is not always the best treatment.

Why not?

The American Chiropractic Association explains that 5% of headaches are triggered by environmental stimuli, food, or behavior (such as working out too hard). The remaining 95% are “primary headaches” caused by tension, migraine or cluster headaches.

However, the vast majority, around 80% are headaches caused by tension in the neck. Research has repeatedly proven that spinal manipulation from a skilled chiropractor is a far more effective remedy than any other treatment option.

Long-Term Benefits

Today, we are typically less active and more sedentary. This can be due to sitting in front of a computer all day or holding the body in one posture or position for many hours at a time as we commute, play a video game or just relax on the couch.

The problem is that this can bring about frequent headache.

Rather than popping an aspirin, though, you can enjoy optimal health by visiting a chiropractor. They are able to undo the intense contraction of the neck muscles due to unhealthy movement (or long periods of slouching or holding poor posture).

After all, it is usually the muscles that force the bones of the neck and spine to be slightly misaligned. This can then cause the muscles to contract and put pressure on the nerves in the spine. This leads to pain and this pain actually radiates outward into the head, leading to a severe headache.

We will determine if it is indeed primary headache from which you are suffering and then offer the adjustments needed to alleviate the stress on the neck and spine. We may also help you with posture, relaxation and exercise to overcome headache due to neck tension and spinal misalignment.